, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

So, it’s been a while my lovely blog and lovely readers. Like a month, give or take a few days. I didn’t mean to be gone that long, honest. A lot of health stuff has been going on in my life that I hadn’t planned on or expected, isn’t that always the case though.

The timeline is fairly timely. But I’ll try to condense it to something shorter. We’ll see how well that goes, as I do love the words.

I can’t remember if I mentioned, my mom was diagnosed with pneumonia the weekend of July 4th. They thought it was bacterial, gave her antibiotics for it and sent her on her way. Fast forward to  July 24, and she ended up in the ER because her oncologist didn’t like the sounds of her lungs. They basically deemed her with viral pneumonia, which takes a hell of a lot longer to heal from and get over. And one of the side effects she’s dealing with is difficulty breathing. She can’t lay down because she can’t breath. She has to be careful eating because after eating she has issues breathing.

And I know it’s not me dealing with the health issue on that end, but it’s lead to a lot of stress and worry on my end because she’s my mom and I want her to be healthy and okay. She’s still dealing with the breathing issue, and coughing up phlegm and all too as I type this.

On my end, it’s not just the stress and worry that I’m dealing with.

I ended up with a concussion.

Yes, you read that right. The same day my mom was in the ER, I was in the ER for a work related injury to check out my head. How, you might ask? I was rearranging the cords for a faculty member of mine, and moved too fast under the desk and hit myself well. On a solid steel desk. Three hours later, with a splitting migraine and this rash and undeniable need to cry my heart out for absolutely no reason, found me filing out a work incident report and headed to the ER because the nurse that saw me didn’t like how unfocused and unbalanced I was after some rest time.

Between mom and I we were in the ER until almost midnight. And doctor’s orders for me were to stay off anything I needed my eyes for for the next two days, and to limit my computer use, tv watching, and reading for the next couple months because brain injuries take longer to heal.

Over all, I’ve been getting migraines – a health issue I’ve dealt with since I was fifteen – more frequently and in increasingly hard to fight through the pain and actually do things. I don’t say that lightly either, because as I type this I’m having to focus doubly hard because I have one currently. My office doesn’t help, because I’m under fluorescent lights all day and they only aggravate it more.  But sadly, as someone whose desk is the front desk of a department, I can’t just shut the door and turn out the lights to make myself feel better during business hours.

So yes, the reason I haven’t really been active, blog writing, WIP writing, Review writing, and twitter posting is less to do with motivation recently and more to do with the fact that I’m having trouble sitting at a computer for too long before my brain starts to feel like it’s melting. I’m hoping my brain will get on healing faster, I have words to write and characters to boss around. But it’s not something I can rush either. It takes the time it takes. (Can you tell Patience has never been one of my strong traits?)

I hope that you, my dear readers, are doing well.